21 February 2012

Letter from Eric Pinch of Tavistock

I would just like to convey my sincere thanks for the excellent weekend I have just had with the T I S A boys at Dover, To Ray Jennings for the transport, Snowy for the choice of accommodation, Ray and Ian driving up and Steve "Lewis Hamilton" for the return journey.

Ever since Truro won promotion in 2005 at our Langsford Park, I have kept tabs on their meteoric rise up through the leagues and was fortunate to be at Wembley for the Vase victory.

Last year I finally got to see them play at Chippenham (what a game) and also at Banbury to clinch the title. I liked what I saw and promised myself I would watch them when the opportunity arose. I still follow the Lambs of Tavistock being a past Chairman and Secretary. I take a back seat now due to my business but sponsor them and have been a Vice President in recent times.

I did make the first game away to Chelmsford which was part of my fortnight's cycling holiday all around the south east in August and have since watched the home games against Gloucs, Hamp &Rich, W S M and Staines.

I have been fortunate with the Lambs remaining fixtures and hope to catch a further 8 games, away to Hamp & Rich, Basingstoke, Staines and Dorchester, home to B H Wood, Thurock, Hav & Waterlooville and I will cycle down for the final home game against Dartford.

What I have noticed is great camaraderie between supporters and great support for the team win, lose or draw.

Once again thank you T I S A for a great weekend see you at Hampton and Richmond.

Eric Pinch, Tavistock,

No comments:

Post a Comment